Saturday, May 12
Westchester Natures Centers
Get a head start celebrating Mother’s Day on Saturday, May 12, at all six of Westchester County Parks Nature Centers!
Take a walk with the family to search for flowers and butterflies, as well as learn about birds and more.
The full May 12 schedule and details are as follows:
- Cranberry Lake Preserve, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Mother’s Day Wildflower Walk
Cranberry Lake staff and Master Gardener Mary Harrington will lead a wildflower walk throughout the preserve.
- Croton Point Park, 9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.: Mother’s Day Nests, Eggs and Young
Birds can be great moms too! Learn about bird nests and behavior followed by a short hike to nesting locations.
- Lenoir Preserve, 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.: Mother’s Day Walk
Take a walk around the Preserve in search of wildflowers, butterflies and birds.
- Marshlands Conservancy, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.: Blooms for Mom
Explore and identify the wildflowers in bloom at the conservancy.
- Read Wildlife Sanctuary, 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.: Wildflower and Plant Walk
Take a walk to look for wildflowers and other plants that are enjoying the spring season at the sanctuary, in addition to checking out the Pollinator Garden.
- Trailside Nature Museum, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.: Stroll in the Garden with Mom
Learn the histories and uses of the beautiful flowers of the Trailside Wildflower Garden, plus get some tips on how to grow them yourself. This a short walk over unpaved ground, but is otherwise suitable for all ages.
Follow this link for more info…